Sunday, April 21, 2013

Product Review: La Roche-Posay Ultra Light Suncreen Athelios 60

Dear Readers

I am not sure whether you are familiar with this brand. I got this La Roche-Posay Ultra Light Suncreen Athelios 60 from SkincareRx. I have used up 80% of the product and am ready to share with you my views from the perspective of an oily skinned individual.




If I were to rate this product, I would give it 3.8/5. 

The texture is very watery which I like but the smell is somewhat not to my liking. So far most of the sunblock/suncreen that I have tried have some wierd smell, possibly from the active ingredients.

This product applies easily with a slight white cast but would soon disappear within 3-4 mins. The product is non-oily. Only a small amount is required for face and neck. It is suitable for use during your swimming session especially for your Island trip because it is Water-resistant.

The product is made in France and it is tested on sensitive skin. 

In terms of oil control,I would give it 3/5. This product gives a semi-matte finish for oily skin. The packaging states that it is for normal to combination skin, which explains the oil control part. However, I am sure it will work fine for normal to combination skin.

The plus point of this La Roche-Posay Ultra Light Suncreen Athelios 60:
  • SPF 60
  • Water-resistant
  • Can be applied under make-up
  • fast absorbing
  • has broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection (with CELL-OX Shield)
  • has powerful anti-oxidant - Cassia/Senna Alata leaf extract (a tropical leaf extract known to defend the skin cells
The active ingredients in this sunscreen:
Avobenzone 3%
Homosalate 15%
Octisalate 5%
Octocrylene 5%
Oxybenzone 6%

Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Silica, Dicaprylyl Ether, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Nylon-12, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium EDTA, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Dodecene, Poloxamer 407

Where to buy: http://skincarerx.com/La-Roche-Posay-Anthelios-60-Ultra-Light-Sunscreen-Fluid.html
I am not sure where to get it in Malaysia but I saw it in Singapore pharmacy.

Price: 50ml for USD29.99 (which I think is reasonalble for a quality product like this)

Have you tried this sunscreen before? Do share.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails