Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year & Happy Valentine's Day

Tomorrow is 14 Feb 2010. It is also Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my lovely readers who are celebrating Chinese New Year,

A blessed Chinese New Year! May this year of the Tiger brings joy and good health to you.


To All lovely readers,

Wishing you a Happy and Wonderful Valentine's Day with your loved ones!


Here are my red packet collection for this year. 


Red packet is a symbolic item used by the Chinese to give blessing and good luck to one another. Traditionally, it is only given by the married couple to children and those who are single.
Money will be placed in the packet. My red packet below are merely collections without money in them.

Originally, red packets are red in color. However, it has evolved drastically since the day it was created. Now, you can see them in varieties of colors as shown below.

 

A decorative fan made with red packets
  

 Once again , Happy CNY and Happy Valentine's Day!!

Lavender♥

6 comments:

SilhouetteScreams said...

Happy Chinese New Year! :)

AskMeWhats said...

Same to you! Happy Valentine's Day and Happy CNY!

Crystal Gale said...

Happy valentine's Day and Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Sherry Go Sharing said...

very clever, I am so lazy to move!

Witoxicity said...

I know I'm not too late yet with my wishes. ;) Happy New Year to you too, my dear! I hope you'll have a great year ahead.

I lurve your collection of red packets. They are all so pretty! It would be a waste to discard them, so it's great that you can make things with them. I like the fan! :D

Lavender said...

Hi Everyone
Thanks for your well wishes! Have a great celebration too!

Witoxicity

The fan was made by my neighbour. I provided the red packets.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails